Iranians fracture Trauma Registry
The vast majority of collected data in trauma patients can provide medical, economic and social information to guide the health care system for operating scheduled preventive programs to decrease the burden of trauma-related injuries. Also utilizing trauma registry’s data to compare with exiting international criteria in trauma care is another advantage. Analyzing the trauma mechanism based on registered data is the first step to clarify injuries' causes and construct primary preventive trauma injuries’ local or national programs. Over the years registered data will elucidate the morbidity and mortality causes to reprogramming health care systems' policies and planning. Therefore, conducting a national trauma registry system is an important issue to introduce to health care system as soon as possible.
1. World Health Organization. Global status report on road safety 2018 [Online]. [cited 2018]; Available from: URL:
2. Pollock DA. Trauma registries and public health surveillance of injuries [Online]. [cited 1995]; Available from: URL: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/ice/ice95v1/c11.pdf
3. Beirer M, Kirchhoff C, Biberthaler P. Development of a German fracture register to assess current fracture care and
improve treatment quality: A feasibility study. EFORT Open Rev. 2017;2(12):474-7. doi: 10.1302/2058-5241.2.160086. [PubMed: 29387469]. [PubMed Central: PMC5765987].
4. Mehmood A, Razzak JA. Trauma registry-needs and challenges in developing countries. J Pak Med Assoc.
2009;59(12):807-8. [PubMed: 20201167].
5. Zehtabchi S, Nishijima DK, McKay MP, Mann NC. Trauma registries: History, logistics, limitations, and contributions to
emergency medicine research. Acad Emerg Med. 2011;18(6):637- 43. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2011.01083.x. [PubMed: 21676063].
6. Barell V, Aharonson-Daniel L, Fingerhut LA, Mackenzie EJ, Ziv A, Boyko V, et al. An introduction to the Barell body region by nature of injury diagnosis matrix. Inj Prev. 2002;8(2):91-6. doi: 10.1136/ip.8.2.91. [PubMed: 12120842]. [PubMed Central: PMC1730858]
Copyright (c) 2020 Journal of Orthopedic and Spine Trauma
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.