Acromion Fracture and Acromioclavicular Joint Dislocation: A Case Report
Background: Acromion fractures are rare injuries that may occur because of shoulder trauma. This may be associated with distal clavicle fractures, which can be an indication for surgery. There are several methods, which are used for fixation of this type of fractures.
Case Presentation: In this paper, we presented a 34 years old man with acromion fracture in contribution to acromioclavicular (AC) joint dislocation. We applied a new method for the fixation of this fracture. The fracture was fixed by 2 screws and AC Joint was fixed by a 4-hole hook plate.
Conclusions: It is important to be aware of acromial fracture to not miss them and also for early management so that early recovery and satisfactory results can be gained.
2. Lantry J.M., Roberts C.S., Giannoudis P.V. Operative treatment of scapular fractures: a systematic review. Injury. 2008;39:271–283. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
3. Crosby L.A., Hamilton A., Twiss T. Scapula fractures after reverse total shoulder arthroplasty: classification and treatment. Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2011;469:2544–2549. [PMC free article] [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
4. Mulawka B., Jacobson A.R., Schroder L.K., Cole P.A. Triple and quadruple disruptions of the superior shoulder suspensory complex. J. Orthop. Trauma. 2015;29(June (6)):264–270. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
5. Hill BW1, Anavian J, Jacobson AR, Cole PA Surgical management of isolated acromion fractures: technical tricks and clinical experience. J Orthop Trauma. 2014 May;28(5):e107-13. doi: 10.1097/BOT.0000000000000040.
6. Walch G, Mottier F, Wall B, Boileau P, Mole D and Favard L. Acromial insufficiency in reverse shoulder arthroplasties. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 2009; 18: 495-502
7. Marsh J.L., Slongo T.F., Agel J. Fracture and dislocation classification compendium—2007: Orthopaedic Trauma Association classification, database and outcomes committee. J. Orthop. Trauma. 2007;21:S1–S133. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
8. Ogawa K., Naniwa T. Fractures of the acromion and the lateral scapular spine. J. Shoulder Elbow Surg. 1997;6:544–548. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
9. Kuhn J.E., Blasier R.B., Carpenter J.E. Fractures of the acromion process: a proposed classification system. J. Orthop. Trauma. 1994;8:6–13. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
10. Hill B.W., Anavian J., Jacobson A.R., Cole P.A. Surgical management of isolated acromion fractures: technical tricks and clinical experience. J. Orthop. Trauma. 2014;28(May (5)):e107–e113. [PubMed] [Google Scholar]
Copyright (c) 2020 Journal of Orthopedic and Spine Trauma
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.